This is a dish that I cook so often during the week. Mushrooms are highly nutritious, they cook quickly and they are so yummy! I experimented quite a while with them and now I have it down to a fine art and get the perfect crunch every time. I cook these whenever I am making roast potatoes for my husband and I don’t feel deprived at all.I have said that this serves two to three people but to be honest, I would probably eat this amount myself as they are so yummy! It might seem like a lot of mushrooms at first but they shrivel up quite a lot in the oven.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 4 cups (500g) Chestnut/button mushrooms, or combination of both
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Few sprigs Fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 lemon Lemon zest
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C Fan, 220°C electric, 400°F or gas mark 6.
- Wash mushrooms and remove the stems. Give them a quick dry with some kitchen paper.
- Chop, (not too finely) and spread out evenly in a roasting dish.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, thyme and toss with three tablespoons of olive oil and lemon zest.
- If using, sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, check the mushrooms. Sometimes they release a lot of liquid and I usually drain as much of this as possible at this stage. I like them quite crispy!
- As all ovens vary, start checking them at 20 minutes to make sure they don’t burn.
Share this Recipe