Ok, so maybe I should call this “The best SCD pizza crust (in my opinion)”. It’s true that we all have different tastes. Why do I call this the best SCD pizza crust? For a few reasons. It tastes the best out of all the recipes I have tried. A few minutes after coming out of the oven, you can pick a slice of this up like regular pizza! This is huge for me. Sure, you can make pizza bases with cauliflower and courgette. None of them even come close to a regular pizza as you can’t pick them…
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 Free range eggs
- 1/4 cup (30g) Coconut flour
- 1 cup (100g) Cheddar cheese, grated
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 teaspoons Pesto sauce*
- 3 slices Parma ham slices, torn into pieces
- 4 teaspoons Pomegranate seeds
- To serve Extra cheddar cheese
- Handful Fresh rocket
For the pizza base:
For the toppings: (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C Fan, 180°C, 350°F or gas mark 4.
- In a bowl beat the eggs. Next, mix in the salt and coconut flour and stir well to combine. Add the cheese and mix with the "dough". I do this with my hands.
- Keep mixing the cheese and dough until well combined and a ball has formed. Lay the ball out on a sheet of parchment paper. Lay another sheet of parchment over the dough ball.
- Press the dough ball with the palms of your hands to flatten. Don't use a rolling pin as that will roll it too thin. You want it to be a circle the size of a small dinner plate, about a 1/4 inch thick, roughly.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove, top with pesto sauce first. Using a spoon, spread the pesto evenly on the crust. Then top with the remaining ingredients except for the rocket.
- Bake for another 12-15 minutes until the extra cheese has melted. Keep an eye on the crust for the last few minutes that it doesn't burn. Top with the fresh rocket and serve!
* You can substitute an SCD-legal tomato sauce if you are not nightshade-free.
*The ingredients in the Parma Ham should be only: pork leg and salt.