GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, SPECIFIC CARBOHYDRATE DIET (SCD)
The name for these – Spinach, brie and olive muffins is a bit of a giveaway in terms of what they contain. If you’re following my blog for a while now, you’ll know I love these three foods: spinach, brie and olives. Spinach and olives are famous superfoods and while brie may not be a superfood, it is super delicious! I’m so grateful that brie is allowable on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD).
I love breakfast muffins. Of course, they don’t have to be for breakfast. They are great for lunches too. I love that these freeze well or keep in the fridge for a few days. I’m all about the convenience of batch-cooking. When cooking from scratch is the only option, sometimes you have to make life easier for yourself. I’m lucky that I love cooking so much but even still as a busy working mum sometimes there just doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the week!
My love affair with olives began when I studied abroad in Italy almost ten years ago. I definitely have more of a savoury than sweet tooth. I think the flavour combination of these muffins is great but I’ll let you judge that for yourself. Let me know if you’ll be adding these spinach, brie and olive muffins to your recipe bank!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 cups (300g) Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 cup (125g) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup (160g) Dry curd cottage cheese/SCD dripped yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 6 Free range eggs, beaten
- 4 cups (180g) Fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- To taste Sea salt & Black pepper
- 1/2 cup (72g) Brie cheese, cut into cubes
- 9 Greek olives, sliced lenghtwise
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Fan, 200°C electric, 392°F, gas mark 6. Grease two muffin trays with the olive oil.
- In a bowl mix the : almond flour, cheddar cheese, dry curd cottage cheese, bicarb, eggs, spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop mounds of the mixture into muffin trays.
- Place olive slices and cubes of brie on top of each muffin mixture. Press down gently.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. As always keep checking from 20 minutes as the almond flour is delicate when baking. Allow to cool completely before freezing.
One thought on “Spinach, Brie and Olive Muffins”
Thanks a lot recipe. It was my first day on SCD diet. I would say it was much easier with your muffin. The only change I make since I don’t like olives (it must sound like a crime to you ), I add dill pickles.
Waiting for more recipes from you.